SERVES 2 | COOKS IN: 1H
DIFFICULTY: NOT TOO TRICKY
1 tbsp olive oil or rapeseed oil
1 Onion chopped
1 Carrot diced
1 Leek washed and finely sliced
1 Large floury potato thinly sliced
1 ltr Vegetable stock
400g Stinging or dead nettles, washed, leaves picked
Some of the most important health benefits of stinging nettle include its ability to detoxify the body, improve metabolic efficiency, boost immune health, increase circulation, improve energy levels, manage menstruation, minimize menopausal symptoms, heal skin conditions, protect kidney and gallbladder health, lower inflammation, increase muscle mass, regulate hormonal activity, prevent diabetes, lower blood pressure, soothe hemorrhoids, and improve respiratory conditions.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, leek and potato, and cook for 10 mins until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the stock and cook for a further 10-15 mins until the potato is soft.
- Add the nettle leaves, simmer for 1 min to wilt.
- Blend the soup. Season to taste, then stir in the cream,